Explosion of Mobiles, tablets is making enterprises to act fast on mobile strategies. Rapid demand of BYOD – Bring Your Own Device, Mobilizing work force are some of the key requirements of today’s enterprises.
1. There will be 1 billion smartphones in use worldwide by 2016, 350 million of these being used for business.5
2. By 2016 nearly 70% of internet users will use more than five network-connected devices. There will be 10 billion internet-enabled devices globally, and smartphone traffic will grow 50 times the size it is today.
3. The growth rate of smartphone and tablet adoption between 2007-2012 is more than four times that of personal computers between 1981-2000.
4. Smartphones now account for half of all mobile phones used in the US.
5. 63% of US adults regularly go online wirelessly with their mobile devices.
6. Average smartphone data usage nearly tripled over the last year, to 150MB per month.
Source: Antenna research
While there are quite a number of frameworks and platforms for developers to achieve enterprise mobility, one can not ignore the open source power. Listed few are some of the emerging Open Source MEAP products
Easily bring your IT asset on mobile devices using Open Source MEAP product – Convertigo. Connectors to a large variety of enterprise apps such as SAP, Salesforce.com, Oracle Apps, Microsoft Dynamics and many others. Read more
A lesser known Open Source Mobile Enterprise Backend. Read more