As the USB drives are tiny and easy to carry, they are easy to get misplaced. When we loose a USB drive, the information on the drive becomes vulnerable to others, potentially exposing sensitive information. It is always a threat that someone will access the sensitive information from a drive and use it for destructive purpose. Many a times we have wondered how to hide sensitive information in the USB drive.
Rohos Mini Drive provides a precise solution here. Rohos Mini Drive software is a freeware that comes helpful where you want to encrypt and hide files in your USB drive.
Rohos Mini Drive creates hidden and encrypted partition on the USB flash drive memory, you can save your file into protected volume and encryption is automatic done on-the-fly. It lets you work with the files on the hidden partition without opening a special program. You can access your secret volume by entering a right password.
It’s easy to setup and start using. The USB flash drive Setup Wizard automatically detects your USB flash drive and setup an encrypted partition properties. You just need to provide a protection password. With just one click you can save your first file into protected volume and encryption is done automatic on-the-fly. Not only on your computer, it also lets you to access the files on guest computers. If you need to open secured volume on a guest computer, you just need to click the Rohos icon on the USB flash drive root folder and enter disk password. Rohos will start a volume and will sit near the system clock to close the disk when you have finished.
Here are some of its main features:
- Creates a virtual encrypted partition volume (disk) within a USB flash drive free space
- Automatically detects your USB stick config and creates encrypted partition
- Program does not require installation to work with encrypted partition on a guest computer. You can start it right from USB drive
- Encrypted partition is protected by password
- Encryption is automatic and on-the-fly
- Encryption algorithm: AES 256 bit key length. NIST approved.
- Rohos Disk Browser to open encrypted partition without having Admin rights
- Virtual Keyboard – to protect your encrypted disk password from a key logger
- Autorun Folder. Saved program’s/file’s shortcut will automatically start/open up upon disk connection
- The limit of encrypted partition size is 2 GB
Read more here.
Here are some screenshots:
Its a freeware. Download it from here