For many years MS Project has been the only tool that is commonly being used for Project Management. However there is a price tag attached to the software that comes with tones of features of which hardly 20% really get used.
GanttProject is an alternative open source solution to MS Project, targeted for companies that needs to cut down cost and do not use “all” the features provided by MS Project. GanttProject is a free project scheduling and management tool that is based on Gantt chart. It runs on Windows, Linux and MacOSX. Major features of GanttProject include
– Creating work breakdown structure, drawing dependencies and defining milestones
– Assigning human resources to work on tasks and see their allocation on the Resource Load chart
– Generating PERT chart from Gantt chart
– Save/Export charts as PNG images, generate PDF and HTML reports
– Allows Import from and export them to Microsoft Project formats. Also allows export to spreadsheets with CSV.
– Share projects with your colleagues using WebDAV
If you are familiar with MS Project it will not take more than few minutes to get around it. Easy to install and easy to use!
Download GanttProject here